The Camino Frances

The Camino Frances

Monday, March 10, 2014

More on Training

I have upped my walking and am trying to walk further each day.
Here is what I was doing on Friday - thanks Julie for the picture, including the finger!
 
We walked about 20 km, and it was all gorgeous.

Saturday I had a pot-luck lunch near Avenue Road and Lawrence, so I walked up - about 10 kms.

Sunday I walked to church and back. Here is our website - our church is newly renovated, and a very exciting place to be. That walk was about 10 km all together too.
 http://beachunitedchurch.com/

On Wednesday I walked along Bloor street to Davenport to visit Monarch Vintage - a clothing store run by a high school friend of Aislinn's. Hilary recognized me as I walked in the door - I hadn't seen her for at least 15 years. Check it out at
 https://www.facebook.com/MonarchVintage.
 I'll be going through my closets and donating to her - and I won't have stuff in my closets that I don't wear - a win-win. And another 15 kms.

Today our walking group went down the Don Trail to Corktown Commons. The security guard there gave us a tour of the facilities - it must be a lonely job.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corktown_Common

We resumed walking, and because Jasper ( the dog) was with us, we had coffee at Merchants of Green Coffee - a dog friendly ( and people friendly) coffee shop.
http://merchantsofgreencoffee.com/.
But that wasn't enough for some of us, so we walked the Portlands, and were home in time for lunchafter walking about 14 kms.

Tomorrow is the walking group, with a visit to the Distillery (likely)  and a visit to the waterfront and Cherry Beach tacked on for more distance.
Wednesday, I am walking back to Monarch Vintage, then an appointment at Yonge and St Clair. I likely won't walk home.
Thursday, the Waterfront Trail ( on streets, not the beach) from home to Rosetta McClain park and back to the church for choir practice.
Friday, from home up the Don Trail to Nostalgia coffee shop at O'Connor and St Clair, then lunch at Camino Bistro and home along the Danforth.

I think I'll be ready for the Camino!

No comments:

Post a Comment