The Camino Frances

The Camino Frances

Friday, October 26, 2012

Geneva, and the end, and the beginning

I'm in the business center of a hotel in Geneva, putting in time until I fall asleep. I would be wandering the city, but it is raining and I have a 4:30 am wake-up call, to catch a 5:17 am train to the airport, for a 7:30 Air France flight to Paris, and a 11 something flight to Toronto. I should be home in my cozy apartment by 4:30 at the latest. Of course, that would be 10:30 Swiss time, so I will be mixed up for a while.

Josef came with me on the train from Zurich. We traveled first class, just for the fun of it, but the only difference was more leg room, and a wider seat. But the countryside was lovely, with vineyards now turning yellow, and a long leg of the trip was beside the lake. It was interesting listening to the announcements. When we started they were in German, French and English. Then French and German, then just French. The language thing is fascinating to me. If we had been travelling in the south of Switzerland, they would add Italian to the mix. Lots of people here speak at least 4 languages, and they reply to you in whatever language you address them in. I wish we were more multi-lingual in Canada.

Josef and Maria have been kindness itself to me on my visit. Their patience and care has made it so much fun for me. Maria especially has worked hard to accomodate my meat and gluten free wishes.
I could not have wished for more accomodating and adventurous hosts.  Thanks, you two.

What will life be like for me at home? A whole new transition, but I am up for the challenges.

Darlene

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the flowers, these 2 weeks have been also for us adventurous time. Hugs, Josef and Maria

    ReplyDelete