The Camino Frances

The Camino Frances

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Where was I?

I am back from Spain, with many tales to tell. But why didn't I post from Spain? Well, I was blocked from my blog for the duration of my time outside Canada. I made many attempts to get in, but it is all a blur to me now, as Yahoo also frequently blocked my email, and between the two, it was very frustrating trying to stay in touch.

Meghan, Cy and I walked 180 kms on the Camino Frances.



 


"3 generations of McKee family from Toronto with Hospitalero Gilbert. Grandmother Darlene, daughter Megan and grandchild Cy.
Darlene will be back as a hospitalera at Gaucelmo on September 15th.
— in Rabanal Del Camino, Castilla y León, Spain"


I walked 123 kms - the entire Camino Ingles, by myself.

 
 This is a picture that Ingrid took on the Camino Ingles last year.


I spent about a week in Santiago, with a visit to Carantonia, Muxia and Finnesterre, spending most of this time with a new pilgrim friend - Irene, from California.


 
 Irene took this picture of me at
the  0 cairn in Finnesterre.

I spent 16 days caring for pilgrims as a hospitalera at Refugio Gaucelmo in Rabanal.



 

 Ray and I at Refugio Gaucelmo

I was in Madrid for 4 days, staying at the OK Hostel,
http://okhostels.com/ (highly recommend it!)



 



 and for 2 of those days, Julie and Michele and I were roommates as we wandered around Madrid.


 

 Thanks to Julie for the 2 pictures above.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
I'll be posting more on my adventures.

2 comments:

  1. FUN time you had! Planning your next one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camino research will precede Camino planning - I need to learn and make some decisions about ...

      Delete